💖canciones de amour💖

b/c today (in the midst of finals prepping?), I felt like jotting down some of my (current) top 25 love songs. DEAL WITH IT. 😎

aka CELEBRATE 🎉LOVE 💕GOING🎇 RIGHT✅ 

> sez the couples' counsellor kid who, as she discussed with her brother, saw so much romantic pathology growing up that sometimes she forgets the good #oof 

- anyways enjoy these, in no particular order! or don't! your lack of taste is made up by my overabundance teahee~ 😜








(and go look 'em up urself, that's 25 too many links 4 me to chase down) 💅

  1. "smithereens", 21pilots - clever and catchy and a lovely neon sorta vibe; I dig the casually sweet, brave side to it. 
  2. "best thing", Anthem Lights - a simple, not-too-exciting tune I've held onto over the years. Solid, solid lyrics (occasionally a bit over-the-top for me, but then again, so is love?).
  3. "in the name of love", Christopher Jackson (aka that guy from Hamilton) #georgwashington - An ode to my 90's kid musical tastes, s/o to my parents for instilling such in me. Commitment, smittenness, honesty, practicality, and *vibes* in 4:20.  ;) 
  4. "if my heart was a house", Owl City - another classic from my high school days; surprisingly cheerful considering Adam Young's usual lyrical bent. Slow yet energetic, fun words, and absolutely DRENCHED in that owl city whimsicality.  
  5. "shut up and dance", Walk The Moon - popular? yes. still a bop? y e S. lighthearted, fun, and great to dance/yell to!
  6. "daydreams", Breanne Duren (owl city remix) - it is highly likely that this song gets played *anytime* ya girl has a crush. Silly sweet, kinda like I'd imagine a daydream to manifest as.
  7. "forever and always", Armin Van Buuren...ft. Owl City, etc - ok, won't deny the owl city bias starting to show here. if I DJ'ed at a German trance/house club, this song would be on repeat - it's such a fantasy-based, constantly shifting gem. 
  8. "if the house burns down tonight", Switchfoot - a rock-ey, fast-paced, wildfire-themed love song - actually written around the fires in San Diego, I believe. 
  9. "stone", Alessia Cara - Another simple, guitar-led, heartfelt piece; as someone who gets all philosophical (and sometimes sad) about the inherent changeability of life, this song hits on multiple layers. 
  10. "our own house", MisterWives - indie-pop; according to the artists, about "finding “the one”, and solidifying that relationship by building a metaphorical home". say less. 
  11. "mr. and mrs. (I do this for you)", Group 1 Crew - a delightfully specific, "settled relationship" vibe. Reminds me, in a lot of ways, of my parents' relationship - which is something I admire greatly. 
  12. "zoom", DNCE - we love a good band-driven getaway song!!!
  13. "you're a sweet, sweet man", Aretha Franklin - you know I hAD to include a true classic on here, and this song just...takes the cake. smooth, a bit saucy, from the queen of soul herself. no further introduction needed.
  14. "still fallin", Hunter Hayes - for the country streak in me. the commitment? the balladery? the STILL-IN-LOVEDNESS? goodness me this thang is sweet some1 get me a lollipop and a rocking chair-
  15. "good Lord", Lecrae + Andy Mineo - my mans brought us a new album and a NEW fun baddie-wife celebratory cypher with soul overtones. YES TALK GOOD ABOUT US WOMEN YOU GO ON SIRS *waves hanky*
  16. "best part of me", Ed Sheeran ft. Yebba - yon orange boi sent a nice one over the pond with this. I don't usually sit for *entirely* acoustic duets, but this one keeps me sAT. Super fun to sing.
  17. "10,000 hours", Dan + Shay (ft. Justin Beiber) - dang this one kinda acoustickey too, okrrrt. Don't fault me, being known + pursued lifelong by someone is one of the most incredible things out there after all (or so I've heard). blame the good Lord ig!!! :) 
  18. "multiply", WOODZ - this man does a latin-r&b mix vibe track SHAMELESSLY well. One of my favorite KPOP artists (GO LOOK HIM UP). Also reminds me a bit of my parents' relationship (they travel lots, and it isn't easy to stay close amidst that). I listened to this whilst roaming the vet school halls for much of my 1st year and just *chef's kiss* 
  19. "can't help falling in love", Elvis Presley (Pentatonix version) - respect to the original writer, of course. The breathiness it adds is SO GUD. 
  20. "pretty u", SEVENTEEN - yes, it's technically more of a "pining over crush" song, but catch me NOT CARING because this song hits DIFFERENT. unironically. I will continue to NOT skip this every time it comes up in my queue. u should too.  
  21. "emergency", DAY6 - this ignites my CHAOTIC ROCK VIBE without fail EVERY TIME. the first time I listened to it (in undergrad), I was driving, and the sirens gave me a DOUBLE TAKE lolz. Love feels frenetically fun sometimes so yes!!! scream it as u barrel down the highway (real or in love ig)!
  22. "waiting for us", Stray Kids - not sure what category (besides "kpop love song") this fits into, but it makes me HAPPY. Longing-for-each-other from a distance love songs are nice occasionally. Also dang, this was a whole KPOP streak. 
  23. "salut d'amour, op. 12", Edward Elgar - taking a hairpin turn into classical music, we have a LOVELY little piece that I hope to someday choreograph when "in love" - my only complaint is that it is so SHORT! 
  24. "with you", chris brown - prolly the one Chris Brown song I know? it's another oldie, but it's surprisingly wholesome in a "hey boo ily" way. ~with u with u with u with u with uuu~
  25. "love me when I don't", Pentatonix - closing out with a song I aspire to, in terms of letting someone love/center you when you don't have it all together. Working on it, I promise. :-P 

- Aight, finals are beckoning, so that's it. that's the tea. thanks for coming to my ted talk. 

ttyl snorblesnouts

🌹~hew 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLK/Maya ft. Post

bugs in the system

2024 is here ?!?