good GOLLY time flies

 - Can't believe summer is almost coming to a close, and year 2 of vet school is closing in???

gah leee

- But yes, so it seems. Class schedules have been released (no syllabi, etc, yet). I'm currently back home for a second - my gvt gig orientation is on Monday and Tuesday, and then I'll skitter back up the East Coast for my 2 weeks of employment there. 


ft. me @ the smithsonian zoo! 

Been enjoying my time here - I drove back last Friday (with a carful of loot), and spent Saturday in a flurry of activity. Blueberry picking with the fam, hanging out at an arboretum with a friend, unpacking and organizing my belongings and bedroom, doing a ballet barre with a friend, and more. Felt good, although today I was absolutely ZONKED.

Got a lot of good sleep, though! 

I'm trying to process all the personal changes I've undergone this summer (a lot of it internal), while also look forward to this new year - I like the commitments I currently have set up (though am fighting to keep from doing too much). I am surprised by how much of a change these months of...well, not having hecktons to do?-- have changed me. Some of it has been painful and embarrassing, and still in progress - 

 

well gosh if this doesn't encapsulate so much of my existence AUGH

...but also much good, and helpful, and worth it.


- But I like it. I wanna keep the progress I've made. Here's to that.

So, till next week - gbye! 



~HEW



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLK/Maya ft. Post

bugs in the system

2024 is here ?!?