🎼When the things you can't hold onto/

...are the ones that you wish you could keep/
 πŸŽ»(All God's Children, Jon Foreman) 🎹

cinemagraph gif art nature cinemagraph fall rain tree autumn cinemagraphs mushrooms drops moss bark living stills

...Well, folks, I have made it through one of the most stressful, anxiety-episode-ridden, full, scary, and beautiful weeks I can think of to date. If all of those seem like they're at odds with one another, yes, they kinda are -- just like this week was. Hilly hills and valleyish (?) valleys, and a lot of stretches of road praying about what's round the next curve...all rolled into one.

excusing the interspersed pretty nature pics, my heart is apparently craving them and so in they go :)

Enough of that, though. Barring the details (I share plenty of those after all, Internet)--for the ten thousandth time, if it wasn't for a God who continually guided, calmed, spoke with, and pushed me from the brink of things not meant for me, I...don't know what state I would be in right now. That's the honest testimony of it. πŸ˜›
Charles Haddon (CH) Spurgeon (19 June 1834 – 31 January 1892) was a British Particular Baptist preacher. Spurgeon remains highly influential among Christians of various denominations, among whom he is known as the "Prince of Preachers". He was a strong figure in the Reformed Baptist tradition. Spurgeon produced powerful sermons of penetrating thought and precise exposition. Many Christians have discovered Spurgeon's messages to be among the best in Christian literature.
(yep of course more Spurg, dat boi never fails)
(did I just refer to Charles Spurgeon as a boi)
(did I now)
(someone do something) πŸ˜‚

Regardless of my own foolishness, He's been the one to stay by and with me, no *matter* what -- which is oft-improbable and surprising to me, especially in my failings and problems and struggles. Yet, that's who He is, and how He loves me (to the point of lovely embarrassment)--not only bringing internal hope and worship and joy, but also in bringing favor, encouragement, and tokens from others. Whether a chocolate offered from a roommate;
a happenstance (ok not rlly) conversation with a fellow sister-in-Christ at the library;
a mate laughing, drawing with, and taking me to an adorable Asian lunch spot off-campus (ily Hals);
a woodworking craft session;
a teacher's kindness and fun;
a calming swim, where the laps fall easily behind me like scales from a fish;
a test that feels better than any you've had so far;
a view of the sky, trees, and sun whilst my favorite song plays;
a time (or two, or three) of intense, wordless worship and praise;
a word out of seemingly nowhere, "just for me";

...all these things add up as just a few of the good Lord's hand being at work, and His intensely caring for me (against all odds, regardless of my feelings and fightings, and the loneliness that can sting).
(shoulda included memes in there somewhere, but woulda ruined the aesthetic a bit😎)
This is the best meme I've seen in a long time
theeere we go 

--It was still a very glad mulatta that welcomed this weekend, though. A lot (and I mean a lot) of sleep was had (the good sleep, too). Saturday was a chance to breathe, shower (won't mention how long it had been since I last did so 😐), re-organize my life + inboxes + events (it stacks up quickly on busy weeks, and otherwise I'll go insane). Went home with the Mum (who was out at meetings till nearly 9 pm iCk props to her), and cooked + ate a lot of choice food, plus talked (and I attempted to unwind and get out of hyper-get-work-done-plan-errathang mode) and (of course) stayed up late, criticizing/laughing a TNG episode till we shrieked πŸ‘Œ

...v worth it tho.
Mum left early this morning for DC (to watch mi hermano perform a synthesizer thingy for Smithsonian something something) (I really should know more specifically what it was but lol). I stayed home (after bidding her goodbye), slept past noon [once again], and woke up finally feeling "in peaceful mode". Got up for a bit, made myself tuna crackers and blueberry buttermilk pancakes
(the biggest emergency of the day being that there *almost* wasn't enough syrup to drown them in) 😱😱😱😱😱
These Vegan Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes makes a delicious vegan breakfast made with blueberries and flax seed to help get your Omega-3s with panache!
[no worries, there was though, and they were G O O D] πŸ‡

--decided "nah fam dis 2 much work", and...went back to sleep, for several more hours. πŸ’€πŸ›ŒπŸ˜ͺ
{this, folks, was the laziest I've been in awhile, and it was g l o r i o u s}

tag urself i was charles #trashydreams #trashymemes πŸ˜†

--after casually getting up and consuming more *coughs* precious garbage, playing with cats + pretty objects, and listening to a lot of peaceful acoustic musicks, I got together Some Loot and Lyfted myself back up to The University. And here I be, running my laundry whilst blogging, prepping for a brand new week, and enjoying the last bit of this Sabbath. πŸ™†
SO
nOw fOOOr

This Week's Segments!
---------------------------------------

Things I’d Like But (Probably) Can’t Have (Yet):
Dese pillowcases. I liek te pattern. Much quality. 😍
.

Brain Fruit: an accurate summation of (many points of) this week.

"this fighting juxtaposition of the divine work and human living feels like it's causing a tear down the middle of yourself sometimes"

blerb.werd.
on we go 

Mewsiks: Not sure why, but this tiny little song snippet was really calming and lovely to me this week. "Finale", from Dear Evan Hansen (soundtrack). Inspired pretty sky-dominated sketches and the like. ⛅
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-nKoW1rVu8

Scripture:
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.   1 John 4:18

Somethin Oo Occured:
A week or two ago, I saw a little event at the Crafts Center (entitled "Crafternoon"), for woodworking (specifically with a lathe). With the help of a Parental Unit's credit card, I signed up (it looked fun), and waited till this past Friday. Walked in, got safety glasses, and spent the next 3 hours turning my own block of poplar wood into...this. ↓↓↓

--It was legit really, really fun. I'm rather glad I got the chance to do it--I took longer, as a lefty, but the carefulness paid off, and I rather love it (with an amateur woodworker sort of possessiveness). :)

Lit Bit:

#ouch

Gimme a Visual: speaking of that song I mentioned earlier, behold: ideal visualization (taken from 3rd floor of library) #allweseeissky


Is That Really Funny?: as they always say
the crazier the week
the danker the meme
FUDEBOT V2#1 pg 3
in case you couldn't already tell it was indeed a long week 

Artsy Larksey:
Post-math test (which felt rEAlly surprisingly gOod), I sat down in le library at one of the dry-erase tables and started drawing. This resulted.

a picture was taken of it only at the urging of dear fraind, Hals (you can see her stunning contribution in the upper left-hand corner of the board in blue πŸ‘). It was fun. It's prolly gone by now.

Nom:
For the majority of this week, I *really* just...didn't eat. Or didn't feel like it. Once you reach a certain level of internal turmoil, you just sorta lose your appetite altogether. Once home, however, I did eat 2 πŸ₯‘s
One of my favorite things to eat. They're really healthy and so versatile - great in almost anything.
...and they were gud. 😜
----------------------------

Well, that concludes this weekly blurb. Felt kinda nice finally getting a full(er) post out there.

#mood 

Off to a new week, new adventure, and new joyful exploration of whatever God's calling me to. Hopefully, past all the ups and downs this blog sees, that still sticks out at the end. I will say, times like these teach and mature you a whole lotta lot. 
463 Likes, 13 Comments - HMDayal (@harpreet.m.dayal) on Instagram: “Let it go ❤️”
...which is far, far from bad. 😊

Alright, well, I'm gonna go steal (as in buy) a snack from downstairs, then wind down for sleepz. Till later, dankest of weaboos--
Photo by @imthejam #liveauthentic #livefolk
 (yES FALL IS FINALLY STARTING TO ARRIVE AND MY BOSTONIAN LIL SOUL IS KINDA HAPPY ABOUT IT) πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‡πŸŽŠπŸŽƒ

ok bah

🌹~hew



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLK/Maya ft. Post

bugs in the system

2024 is here ?!?