nye '22 ๐Ÿพ

'Tis hard to believe that 2022 is almost slipped from my grasp; I dyed my hair, am printing my 2023 goals, and am blogging out my gram of year-end reflectiveness to celebrate the occasion (though I'll probably do more of such with my family later).

This year, in summary, was full of endurance, joy in a lot of circumstances, and adversity.



I dealt with the most adverse health events I have in a long, long time (and nearly lost my beloved father to a heart attack). I also made some quality choices and investments in said health.

I enjoyed mentorship/discipleship of girls in undergraduate ministry, but also transitioned out of that role (with much consideration and bittersweetness). 

I hung out with many, many loved ones and communities, attended parties and weddings (and my first KPOP concert) - some relationships changed, and lots deepened further.

I completed my first year of vet school, and the first semester of my second year (though many challenges and landmarks along the way); I received offers for scholarships, research opportunities, and employment that I'd only thought faintly possible.

I finally dove back into dance - including accepting my first paid commission opportunity, leadership roles in dance clubs, and a position with a local contemporary company, run by an old acquaintance. Having my "groove" back has been such a joy. 

I encountered some of the worst moments in my walk with God, and the challenge of my own fallenness and sinful proclivities - the battles were fierce this year, and though I feel like I lost more than I won, somehow God has still brought me back to Him. 

I may not have met all of my 2022 goals, but I made progress in lots; I memorized scriptures, improved my mental health, started changing my hyperactive "caretaker" persona, read over 12 books, drew a bunch, crafted and/or learned over 12 new choreography snippets, and sang more (including some recorded music covers) - 

...and, of course, properly restarted my posting on this blog. Which has been lovely, and I look forwards to finally hitting that 12-post goal in 2023 (I made a good try in 2022!). 

Overall, it was a year of hope and sorrow, challenge and triumph. the shadows really did prove the sunshine, though they were not fun to suffer through. I feel that I've learned and grown a lot, as a woman, and I am grateful for that (and so much more). 



I feel like that, and my overall sentiments moving forwards, can be summed up in my 2022 Anthem of the Year: "Better and Better" (by Woodz). I am being made better and better - by God, myself, and others around me - and that is what I hope for in 2023. More metamorphosis into who I truly am made to be~


- So, farewell (and good riddance), 2022. You were beautiful, hard, and a blessing to have lived at all (good and bad). ✌



2023, welcome - here's to you. 


Happy New Year's Eve - 

๐ŸŒน~HW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLK/Maya ft. Post

bugs in the system

2024 is here ?!?