What Previously Said "go" Entailed (Part I) 🏰✈🌄

~Refering to my previous blog post - yeah. My trip to the UK was, overall, a lot of fun. The trip there went smoothly (although layover exhaustion was brutal) - we all made it in one piece, and nobody killed anybody. 


we're actually looking @ memes here on the floor but don't tell nobody 

 We got to stay in nice, single-person dorms - no AC (they don't usually need it), so a bit steamy, but I figured out ways to ventilate. Very neat, efficient, and comfortable overall - and I really appreciated having space to myself. :)

 viewz

We ate meals together - breakfast, lunch, and dinner were all provided. Breakfast was my favorite - from past experience, Brits do a proper meal of it, and I wasn't disappointed for the most part. 😛

   
baked beans are muh JAM

We studied a lot of different areas - the general topics of Animal Behavior Therapy and Physiotherapy have countless subcategories - and from 9am-5pm, we were pretty much occupied in lectures, practical experience, analyses, and lab work (with an hour for lunch, and a few "comfort breaks"). Busy times, for sure. 


study sesh outdoors w/ Dr. T - v helpful, especially for someone who hasn't had anatomy yet

what several of my evenings looked like

animal behavior + handling (ft. Rabbits)

Sniffy the Rat simulator - for practicing behavioral research and theory (DROVE US CRAY)

gait analysis in groups (of horses) 


action shot o 2 fave people - Dr. Jeavons (behavioralist), and Bex (our wonderful sprite of a TA)
                                                                       
anatomy/physiology - first day stuff

a wHOLE lotta info on hydrotherapy 

out on the equine unit, doing conformation analysis (and lunch obviously) 


handling and restraint practice (ft. one of Bex's spaniels) 

ADORABLE AXOLOTL 



muscle painting (not half bad since I hadn't actually studied muscles before lol)


                                                       
                                                                     clearly learning a lot

physiology and body planes (ft. fake AND real doggos)


...Whew. That was just some of it - I'll do more later. As you can imagine, the days were long and eventful, and we were pretty worn out on most occasions. In a good way, though - and I took my downtime/studying pretty seriously, so I did well. :)

pt II (of other UK adventures) coming soon so stay tuned!
or don't 
either way I'm swaggier than u  😎😎😎

🌹~hew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLK/Maya ft. Post

bugs in the system

2024 is here ?!?