๐Ÿฅ”Kartoffels und Kafers ๐Ÿ›

One of these lit onto one of my fingers while working in my garden. I thought I had over heated. Hah never seen a metallic one until then.
--wish there was some super deep, intrinsic meaning behind a "Potatoes and Beetles" title, but...nah fam, there isn't. 
☯ Do no harm, take no shit. ☯
(que vas a hacer, eh? Nada, que es) ๐Ÿ˜Ž

All foolishness aside (also *aside* the fact that 90% of this blog is composed of such), hello there. Welcome back to my 60-something'd post (grammar??whats that??); here we are, in this fine last week of September (whoever said the year speeds up as it continues wasn't lying) (oh wait, that was me) (bc duh like a b o s s)
Doesn't even rhyme. What the heck?
yes I'm in a dumb mood and I swear I'm moving on 

--and now, having eaten the rest of my self-baked chocolate snickerdoodles, swallowed a large mug of orange juice, and clicked play on my green little Spotify button, here's to a semi-thorough (and brief) look at the hi-lo's of my week. ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Today was actually pretty relaxing, with adventure sprinkled in-between plentifully (hey, life with the Wubbs is rarely a bore). Slept in a lot (got to bed late, and was worn out from a very eventful bike ride with my triathlon class on Saturday morning), at The Homestead; the felines were scattered plentifully on the bedspread, in accord with custom, and it was overall a very Calm and Sunny Sunday outside. ๐ŸŒž
Little miss author here stayed in bed and enjoyed sleep, as well as some well-needed devotional time. Got up past noon, went downstairs, ate random food, and baked some chocolate snickerdoodles ๐Ÿช (sounds weird, but they're good). Hung with the fam, fed the (by now frantic) cats, and did my mom's hair/makeup/jewelry/dress selection for a double date she has (with my dad + some church friends of theirs). I wuz encouraged -- by the time I was done, her face (of makeup) looked unexpectedly good. Did a reallly nice purple eyeshadow palette on her that turned out nice ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ—ข๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘ 
After that, went with mi padre to go get cat food, drop off cookies to The Bonbon, and get back to school, when -- *uh oh* -- the engine dies! que diviertido! (not really, but we're the Wubbs and you get used to fun stuff like this happening). Lyfted myself up to The Bonbon's Place (more on that later), and afterwards back to campus; and, thankfully, The Parental Units made it to their double date fine, so it all worked out (by the grace of God). ๐Ÿ˜ 
(only slightly annoying fact is I have cocoa under all my fingernails, which looks kinda nasty)
New post on trust
yes, thank you sarcastic side of me brain ๐Ÿ˜’

What's Been Up (This Past Week): 
*Scholastically: academia this week was part making it, part thriving, I would say. Still was kinda meh for a lot of the week, chasing recovery from sickness and all, so some classes weren't the *best* comprehension-wise. I was still there, though, and I'm on track to catch up in "behind" areas. Got back my "first" exam scores, too, and they actually were pretty good! I'm proud. ๐Ÿ˜Š
*Physio: Didn't get in a ton of exercise this week -- partly due to sickness as well, partially because of needing to focus on schoolwork. Still did some ab workouts here and there, and the usual walking, etc. Weight loss still went well, though--my body's gotten into a rhythm of only really wanting to eat if I'm exercising (if not, I just don't feel hungry). Skipped a triathlon class, back when I was still feeling sick. ๐Ÿ™Ž
*Relationally: I'm definitely getting to develop connections and relationships and People I Recognize On-Campus now, which is nice. Playing that balance of maintaining what you have, while investing in potential friendships. Tricky, that. Craving wisdom in that area.๐Ÿ’ญ
*Semi-Personally: The walk with God wasn't at its best this week, so looking forward to changes there. Did art, music (more than usual), languages, gifts, and Other Such Stuffs. Doing a lot better in a lot of ways now, though. Got a little out-of-hand with social media, though (took a week off, then jumped back in), so that's going to be more mediated this week. *sigh*
*Randomly: out-of-the-blue stuff that went on--lessee. Went to an NCSU vs. UNC women's volleyball game (which was really good). Went to an undergrad research event and learned a TON. Spent time at various small groups. Ended up on an intramural volleyball team. (lol I couldn't help it) Talked with a fellow Trekkie out of nowhere for awhile, super fun. Watched all of Hamilton (Original Cast bootleg, sorry FBI). Hung out at library a lot. ๐Ÿ’

*also*, I am super glad that I journal now (as well as store away key memories and ideas), because otherwise I would remember literally none of this right now. Diaries are good things. Note 2 self. ๐Ÿ‘

-----------
This Week's Segments: 

Things I’d Like But (Probably) Can’t Have (Yet): From the alien in the episode, "A Private Little War"--
Star Trek Classic Mugato Deluxe Latex Mask ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Star Trek Classic Mugato Deluxe Latex Mask
sheer perfecktion ehehehe

Brain Fruit: Yet another random, dumb, and semi-abstract idea of mine--
Why can't we have, like, a "real" dance club? Ok, the basic gist would be that you could have different parts of the "club" where you could pick up different fun dance phrases; hip-hop, Bollywood, breakdance, Vogue... ya name it. Then, you put on a cool/fun/good song (no trash plz), and each group can *werk* their part out together, pass it off to other groups, and have a fun time watching/learning from each other performing. Sort of like a choreo-fest, I guess...anyhow, that's that. ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Mewsiks: "Deny U", by Superfruit (from Future Friends, Pt. II). Ex-love songs aren't usually my thing, but...this one kinda stuck with me. Captures a certain relationship struggle/dynamic I really relate to (and musically, rather a laid-back, bittersweet sorta treat). Thoughtful, too. 

Scripture: from one of my favorite Biblical books, Ecclesiastes--
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (NKJV) 3 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
--something I've been struggling with, as the seasons of life change (like they're apt to do).

Somethin Oo Occured:
As mentioned earlier, I ๐Ÿ‘saw๐Ÿ‘my๐Ÿ‘BonBon --and it was lovely. Took some wrangling, but that calm hour of catching up (and slight cuddles, maybe) was rather worth it all. Plus, she needed cookies, so duh, what else would I do? ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›

Lit Bit: as someone who lOVEs dreaming (both asleep and awake), this rings t.r.u.

(it's also a way for me to determine if I got enuff REM sleep, so yah lol)

Gimme a Visual: Ft. a nice pic from the fam, of 2 of our gatos 
#cuties ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ˜บ

Is That Really Funny?: if it isn't to you by the end, idk what to tell ya ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
thank u tumblr 
thank u 

Artsy Larksey:
tofuvi doodles ๐Ÿ˜
tofuvi doodles

Ugh: bad.food.photography. 
Pastry for one-crust, 9-inch pie shell 2 tablespoons butter 1/2 cup finely chopped onion 1/2 pound bacon, crisply fried and crumbled 1 1/4 cups Swiss cheese, grated 4 eggs 2 cups cream 1 teaspoon s…
i say no more 

------------------------------

Yahp well 'k dat was great, time for ya girl to go run her laundry (more carefully this time), write letters, do schoolwork, her nails, and a dozen other things before bedtime. 
♡ Read a book More Mรกs

Here's to a good week, ye peeps ✌
Grilled cheese
(yes, craving grilled cheese, who isn't)

bah--

๐ŸŒน~hew









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLK/Maya ft. Post

bugs in the system

2024 is here ?!?