What Was That

...no, not the thud of my cat falling off the top of my loft bed (he's really quite bad at this). Big black fool that he is. I was referring to my week, thank you very much.
*sips clementine izze*
Let's show IZZE Sparkling Clementine some love.:
--nectar hardly befitting to mere mortals, imho. Love that stuff.

Where were we? Oh, yes, whatever this biscuity sorta past week was. Hoi paloi boi...
...perhaps it's just the feel of things (man, why does so much have to depend on feelings) but this past week was just sorta--I don't know, off? One of those where you end up asking -- and not even in a bad way per se, just confusedly -- "what exactly was that?"
*rolls credits* :
HA yeah I wish

...in mild retrospect (hey, I'm keeping it light, it is my Sabbath, after all), there were (a) some deeper factors possibly affecting things -- isolation, late nights, unrealistic expectations, unexpected time committments/management issues, being slightly under-the-weather, yadda yadda yaa -- and (b), there were good and interesting things going on, too. Not an entirely bad week at all.
 :

FoR eXAmPle:
*my dad, while doing a yard work job, was given a box of art charcoals that said yard owner apparently no longer wanted -- and I now have a new way of exploring art. Did only one little sketch so far, but enjoy it. New. Different. A bit messy. Fun. Gonna play with that more, definitely.
*health--re-started my monthly ab challenge w/ February underway, and it's going swimmingly (after the rigors of January). Also, made my weight loss goals for the week (yEE); only 30 lbs. left to go now. Woohoo.
//:
...? Not really. At points I really wasn't even trying. Probably just balanced out by the times I forgot to  properly eat. *hides* (IT HAPPENS OK)
*I FINALLY had a decent--no, let's go with *gud* -- dance class this past Thursday. Specifically, as in a gud one in the new year. After this weight loss. FINALLY hit a proper pirouette or two, and *brightens* a double reverse attitude turn???
Interesting Tumblr blog.  I find the work similar to the concept I have been working on.
...I'm not exactly what you could call a "turner" *internally guffaws* so that was really nice. Overall, a class I both enjoyed and felt confident in. And who knows, with things feeling so much better, I might go back en pointe soon...? wHO KNOWS?!?!?
Минчане, увлеченные гифками, показывают свои коллекции - citydog.by | журнал о Минске:

...ok, calming down and moving on --
I got other stuff done during the week too, but don't feel like outlining it. HA.
(My way of saying
»so sad« by anatol knotek:
--to this week. Byeeee, you.)

Enjoying a thoroughly lazy, downtime, recharging, solitary (not counting texts, which I love), thoughtful Sunday; composed, thus far, of sleeping, lazy organization, and...not much else. And I'm fine with that -- as well as with just Cody and I blogging idly away in the cold early afternoon (he's figured out how to sit in my chair in such a way that doesn't get in my way entirely, but lets him (a) cuddle, and (b) watch what I'm doing. I'll cave and admit--he's a cute little fool. Especially when he puts his paw on top of my hand and smiles.
psshhht who needs a boyfriend)
 :
~worrd~

Well, now that we've covered relatively little life material in a leisurely, uncaringly chill, and slightly salty manner --

--and after consuming a banana, scrambled eggs + 1 roasted sausage, homemade coleslaw, and the rest of that clementine izze -- shall we move onto our weekly segments? *cups ear*
is it christmas?:
...oh, too bad, looks like I'm iN THE MOOD TO DO EM HAHAAAA SORRYY, whatever you were feeling like ☺☺☺☺☺
Marina and the Diamonds:

--before I reach potentially fatal levels of saline content, let's dive right in, shall we? 

  ~YON WEEKLY SEGGOS~ 

Things I’d Like But (Probably) Can’t Have (Yet):
These. All of these. Kirby = my fave gaming character ever (and one I also share a wHOLE lot of similarities with). Except I'd prefer for them to be a lot bigger. Izzat possible?
junnyan69: “ CUTE!!  ”:
..while I'm at it, I'll take the 'shrooms (in the background, not going all Lewis Carrol here), too.

Brain Fruit:
A random and fitting original -- a tad random, blunt and -- well, me:

~Don't chase your dreams, hunt the little bastards down (and make sure they're worth it)~

Mewsiks:
As those close to me will (probably) attest, I've been absolutely obsessed with Tori Kelly's "Something Beautiful". A bit late to the party? Who cares. Been endlessly belting it, and haven't made myself sick of it yet (hehe).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4EnQdeZIE8

Scripture:
...ok, more like an excerpt from Scripture, but no harm in that. Matthew 5:13. Mark 9:50. Luke 14:34. Shoot, have Job 6: 6 for good measure. ✌✌
Ye are the salt of the earth
*throws on shades*

Somethin Oo Occured: 
This week's snippet? Very ooh for me.
In short: I got, through the gracious recommendation of a vet friend, an internship at a breeding farm for the whole month of March (i.e. foal season), watching foal cameras, helping with neonatal care, and doing whatever other work or farm stuff I can/ought. JOBBBBB
In my internal senses: I GOT A JOB ID NEVER A DREAMED OF THAT IS SUCH A BIG DEAL I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DEAL I GET TO BE AROUND HORSES HOSSES HOSSFLESH FOR A HULL MONTHHHH HEEBITY JEEBERS PRAISE THE LORD JIMINY CRICKETS HOT TODDLED BISCUITS
 :
...
Ok, I'm relatively through. Suffice it to say, I've had quite the emotional high/low (rollercoasters, these emotions) from that. A lot of ice cream was had, to celebrate. As in a lot.
*guilty look at empty Ben and Jerry's pint in trash*

Lit Bit:
You know that good feeling when you find a new, long book series you really like -- all while you're still in the first book? And it also happens to be your favorite genre (i.e. mystery/murder/intrigue for me)? Yep, that was this week. Still lowkey excited about this find; which, interestingly, I've only just now stumbled upon. Ellis Peters' Chronicles of Brother Cadfael. Astonishingly well-written and enjoyable--I'm currently on this one: (below)
The Devil's Novice (Brother Cadfael Series #8) by Ellis Peters ...

sO GOOD SO FAR AND SO MANY MORE WHEE

Gimme a Visual:
Found aNOTHER new thing this week as well -- incidental comics, done by Grant Snider-- and I really, really like them. Thought out, funny, related to my personal quirks and idiosyncrasies, well-visualized...I could go on. Here's one of my favorites. :)
INCIDENTAL COMICS: The Perfect Idea:
Is That Really Funny?:
For mah fellow athletes. And, actually, not funny at all -- eSPECIALLY WHEN UR THE ONE IN THE POOL GOSH
Yep:
ugh just the thought alone 

Artsy Larksey:
Reallllly pretty idea for decorating and embellishing abalone shells (or general shiny-interior shells, I suppose). Yes, it is so.utterly.pinterest.basic.

Abalone Shells - Dressed up with vintage jewelry.
























...but still, as a shell collector, I rather like it and might try it as an offhand art project later. Who knows.



Nom:
Balsamic chicken salad w/ lemon quinoa. As artsy and pretentious as this seems, I laugh every time I see something like it because it's (a) so incredible doable, and (b) is basically just me being lazy. You can literally just smush and cook all of these bits and pieces, throw them together, and you've got an average lunch. All in the presentation, I guess.

Balsamic Chicken Salad with Lemon Quinoa | http://cafedelites.com:
..take THAT ya supposedly snooty pinterest eaters, it's EASY AS PIE IN THE FACE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...alright, well, dat is dat. It's nice, honestly, to have le bloggo posto (pasta?) done so early in the day.
Gifs
...
 Still gonna do some other stuff -- write my Weekly Letters Three, empty the trash and cat pans, catch up on my devotions, prep for a Teachers' Assistant gig I got going on this week, clean my room, and tidy the house. All icing on the cake, I suppose.
highkey drowning in gif obsessions at the moment 

Catch you on the DL, cheeseheads~
Dramatic "What?"
~idk, how else do I end this bloggo?

hand-drawn love | designlovefest:

...
--Peace out, y'all. Here's to a new, fresh week. :)

~hw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLK/Maya ft. Post

bugs in the system

2024 is here ?!?